South 85 Journal is seeking guest bloggers to contribute to its weekly blog about writing. Please submit entries for consideration via Submittable.com: https://south85.submittable.com/submit/27152
• Blog entries should be non-fiction essays about writing, the writing life, or other literary topics. We prefer concrete essays that communicate your unique perspective as a writer, not general discussions on writing topics.
• Limit your thoughts to 250-800 words (400-600 words preferred), and use a conversational style. For examples, see past posts at http://www.south85journal.com/blog.
• Manuscript should be sent as an attachment. Work pasted into the body of the cover letter will not be considered.
• Type should be no smaller than 12-pt. font. Please use standard fonts such as Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica or Goudy, and refrain from script or “flowery” lettering.
• Submissions should be saved in Word or Rich Text format.
• Number pages consecutively, and use margins of at least one inch.
• Place your name and email address in an upper corner of the first page.
• Include a brief cover letter and include a contributor’s note of no more than 75 words that tells the reader about you and your literary background. Feel free to include other publications in which your work has appeared.
• We accept simultaneous submissions. If your work is accepted elsewhere, withdraw your submission through Submittable.
• Please do not submit reviews. Reviews for our journal and blog are written on assignment. If you would like to become a reviewer for us, visit our Review Guideliness for more information.
South 85 Journal does not publish work which has been previously published either in print or online. Our reply time is typically six to eight weeks.
We acquire exclusive first-time Internet rights only. All other rights revert to the author at publication, but we offer formal, written reassignments upon request. Works are also archived online. We are unable to pay for submissions. We ask that whenever an author reprints the work that first appeared in our pages, South 85 Journal be given acknowledgment for the specific work(s) involved.